Saturday, January 06, 2007

Real Knitting Post

Okay, since I posted two totally non-knitting related things, I have to post something truly knitting related, right? (Isis insists she -is- knitting related .. she plays with the yarn too, after all!)



So, this is where I am with the sweater. -Almost- finished with the back.

I'm doing well with the shawl I'm working on .. halfway through the second repetition .. only about 38 more to go! (I can't post photos because it's for someone that might be reading this occasionally.)

I've been working steadily on a red scarf, but ran out of yarn today. This was the progress until I sat down to watch tv tonight with Jason. I'll be heading to Hobby Lobby Monday when I pick Brandon up. What kind of store closes at 8pm?? Wierdos.







Oh yeah, and I bought some books. I can't buy yarn until May, but I can buy books! (I actually purchased said books before joining the Stashalong, but y'know .. I had to make a point.)


So, I'm going to learn to knit socks finally, maybe even on two circulars, since the instructions are in the Sensational Socks book. And I'm going to use the Knitting in No Time book to help use up my stash. And the Knitted Flowers book I've been wanting for a while .. and it has instructions for sunflowers in it! Happy Tygher!

The was one other thing I wanted to show off... oh yeah. I'm not the only one in my family with creativity. My sister is about to start her own photography business apparently. This is a photo she took recently.


I don't know if she did anything to it, or just used filters and lighting, but isn't it beautiful!

Oooh, one last thing. Kate is asking people to knit fun-fur hats for Boston Children's Hospital. And who among us can say they don't have any fun fur? (And if you need some, lord knows I've a ton in my stash!) Don't you wanna help out?

No comments: