Monday, January 01, 2007

Great Balls of Yarn!!!

Okay. I need help. In a huge way, and the Stashalong KAL is going to be that help, I can feel it. I had a huge cleaning push here at Casa Tygher Knits, and can actually see the floor in every room again ... and discovered I had yarn stashed away in places I'd forgotton about. Forgotten Yarn! The horror of it all!

Anyway, I have got to stop buying yarn, and I think the only way I'm going to accomplish that is by being accountable for my stash. Stashalong to the rescue!

Anyway, I'm choosing Option 1 for the moment, but I am borrowing from Option 3 as well, as I have a lot of things I want to get finished.
  1. Candleflme Shawl - being knitted as a gift, so this is important to finish soon!
  2. 'Dotted Check' Tunic Sweater - My first garment, and as such I really want it done before .. you know, march/April, when it won't be terribly wearable for long.
  3. Irish Hiking Scarf (my variation) - Being knitted for the Red Scarf Project.
  4. 3x3 Rib Scarf - Also planned for Red Scarf Project.
  5. 'Cat's Eye' Scarf (from Knitter's Winter 2006) - Also for the Red Scarf Project -- All 3 need to be completed by the last week in January if possible.
  6. Victoriana Top - Which I won't start until my other sweater is complete.
  7. Heartstrings Beaded Smoke Ring - Again, should be finished before the cold weather runs out.
  8. Tiny Beaded Scarf - I suddenly have a lot of beaded projects. Ack!
  9. 2 pairs of socks - pattern undecided
  10. Dishcloth KAL's to catch up on, which can be tossed in here and there.

I am chosing a 4-month period in which I will buy no yarn .. keeping in mind I can take 1 day off a month -if needed-. I have only one exception that I'm reserving for myself, and it will be used up in the next week or so: I received a Hobby Lobby gift card, and I intend to use it to purchase all the Sugar & Cream I need for the years KAL's from the Monthly Dishcloth KAL, and extra skeins for the Red Scarf Project scarves I'm working on, as I only have 1 ball of each yarn, and that just won't do.

1 comment:

gray la gran said...

oh my, good luck to you! i learned from the summer of stash kal that i'm not very good at being good.
my only resolution at this moment is in housekeeping ... keeping the sink dish free.
happy new year!