Thursday, December 28, 2006

Boughs of haul-y

Ahh, that's right, time for the requisite 'what I got for Christmas' post. Since it's still spread throught the house, it won't be too terribly tough I imagine.

So, without further ado:
  • Kitchen stuff: a deep fryer, a mini cuisinart, a fondue fountain and a set of stoneware mixing bowls.
  • Halloween stuff (It's my favorite holiday after all!): A silk scarf, a Limoges with's hat, a candle snuffer and a candle holder.
  • Other non-knitting stuff: a quilted tree skirt, snowflake earrings, my 2007 Witch's calendar, a pirate devil rubber duckie, the new Loreena McKennit cd (awesome, btw!) and candy in my stocking.
The knitting stuff, which is numerous, includes:
  • A box of pale blue Llama/Wool yarn and the pattern to make myself a coat - Yes, I'm actually going to take on such a large project, once I'm closer to done with my sweater.
  • 13 balls of dark blue BabyAlpaca/Silk yarn and the pattern to make myself this top. - Not to be started until I'm finished my current sweater.
  • 3 balls of pale cream BabyAlpaca/Silk yarn and the pattern to make myself this cowl.
  • 4 hanks of handpainted Atacama Alpaca yarn, in colors 506 (pale tan with burgundy and blue and purple) and 513 (brown with burgundy and orange-ish spots). I'm probably going to make a shawls with it, but I'm unsure just yet. I have 220+ yards of each color.
  • A stand-up basket lined with fabric to set by my knitting chair.
  • A pair of lined baskets for my knitting bookshelf, for yarn storage.
  • 2 pairs of Lantern Moon Destiny circular needles: 16" US 6 and 26" US 4. - And oh, are they a delight to knit with!
  • A knitted, beaded bracelet kit with pale white beads - for which I have to find size 0000 needles. That's just damned scary. But exciting too!
  • Half a dozen balls of Patons' Katrina in Lilac and Ocean. I love this yarn, though I've no idea what I'm making with it!

2 comments:

gray la gran said...

wow ... someone really loves the knitter in the family :)

Unknown said...

Like your post title.