Thursday, January 04, 2007

My -intention- is to post actual knitting content today, however my womanly innards are not quite behaving, and I'm half doubled over, whimpering and cursing enough to make some sailors blush. I've already had to call my DM and tell her there's absolutely no way I can work today, which I hate doing cos we have really no backup help right now, but I simply cannot work. Hell, I can hardly sit, never mind stand! So. I've got a shower, made tea and oatmeal, and rubbed mineral ice on all my aching parts.

The lovely Norma, who won the Mom You Always Liked Better award at JenLa's, has thrown down the gauntlet. And I have to agree with her. The festering sore that is the poor grammar usage in bloglandia needs to be stopped. Hopefully, she'll let me in the band.

Speaking of awards, congrats also need to go to Chaos and Mayhem, for winning best couple .. but come on, was there even a question? And also to Trailing Yarn for her Fresh Blood Award, Cara for her Most Enthusiastic Knitter award, Lolly for Project Spectrum winning Best Meme, and to Sandy and Purley Whites for their Keep Blogistan Beautiful awards.

In other random happinesses, Lolly has announced Project Spectrum 2.0! Yippee! I've already signed up. Of course, this might interfere with my Stashalong efforts, but I -should- have enough yarn in stash to manage a knitted project for every two-month grouping.

February / March - Blue, White, Gray : This is the perfect month to work on my Hearstrings Smoke Ring. And maybe my Victoriana Top too. And I can felt another bag with the blue/black wool to give to Neely.
April / May - Green, Yellow, Pink : I have some beautiful green wild-stuff-type yarn that is begging to become a scarf or shawl. And all my baby yarns are pink/yellow/green, so I can work on some baby things.
June / July - Red, Black, Metallics : I can start on red scarves for the Red Scarf project for 2007. I don't think I have a lot else to knit in these colors right now, but I'm sure with some stash-hunting and judicious purchases I can find enough.
August / September - Brown, Orange, Purple : Socks! I have sock yarn in these colors. I'm sure I have other stuff too, but it's hiding in my stash right now. But definitely socks. Oh! And my brown/lilac scarf I've been dying to make.

So, yeah. Project Spectrum 2.0 begins in February, and I'll be beginning with it!

...

Now then. Have I been knitting? Yes I have! I've actually almost completed the back of my dot check tunic sweater, though it's on hold while I frantically work on red scarves for the month.





This was my progress yesterday before I started knitting on it again. It's a variation of the Irish Hiking scarf, because I'm only doing two cables instead of three. I don't know how long the yarn I bought for this scarf will hold out, so I'm making it a little thinner. It's now about twice as long as it was here, about 3' long I'd guess.

I've just discovered a Broadway play I absolutely adore is coming to town this month, so I'm waiting for my husband to respond to me so I can get the go ahead to buy tickets for us and a friend. So while I handle that, I'm going to go find myself some food.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Thanks! That smokering pattern is BEAUTIFUL! I may have to get it. Maybe I'll join project spectrum too. I'm such a lemming.

Chris said...

Aw, thanks! Those cats are going to get uppity, I swear. ;)

Also, thanks for the heads up about PS 2.0 - I hadn't heard about it yet.

I like your modified Irish hiking scarf. And I hope you feel better very soon!