Friday, August 04, 2006

Yarn Ho!

Okay, that was silly. But I have to report that today in my mailbox, what did I see??



I was the very first recipient of one of seven boxes travelling the world in the Yard Aboard II swap! So cool! I was just telling Brandon yesterday about it, and how grateful I was that I already had my yarn for my partner!



I got the Christopher Columbus box .. welcome, Chris, to my little corner of hell. Well, not really, but good gracious, it's hot enough to be!! I'll have to start finding places to take him. Perhaps a little photo-tour of what passes for home around here.




Goodies inside! But really, I must wax on about the lovely boxes. So cute, right down to the little traveler's log sheet!




I just love getting presents .. especially ones I don't know about beforehand! Amanda, thank you! Well, my diet doesn't thank you, but I'll be good and not let it sabotage me!



Archer Farms' Chocolate Drizzle indulgent snack mix. So evil! But it looks so yummy too. I love snack mixes, especially those with chocolate! I'll have to point this, since I'm on weight Watchers, and it'll have to wait until tomorrow, which is weigh-in day, but I will definitely enjoy this yummyness. And I can share it with hubby!



The most adorable little journal .. it can be my knitting journal, now that I'm ready to start knitting more than dishcloths! Thank you, I love it! And I especially love that it's fabric covered and padded .. utterly and completely precious!




This will be the first addition to my beautiful journal, my postcard from Louisiana. Specifically, from Magnolia Mound, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I've been to New Orleans, a few years back, and I do love the area. So to have a postcard is nice. And the little blurb about the house is fascinating. Makes me want to explore it!




Last, but certainly not least, the yarn! And a sock pattern! Woot! The pattern is from Fiber Trends, the Peak Experience socks - with patterns for Angel's Rest (women's) and Mt. Hood (unisex). I love them! They don't look terribly difficult at all, and I love they way that different yarns make them look!

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in Mother Lode, and I love it. It's deliciously autumnal. I just need to get needles, and I'm good to go for making myself some lovely socks for Fall!

Thank you so much, Amanda! I love being a part of this, and can't wait for the next go-round!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Yarn! I love the explorers in the boxes - that is such a neat idea. And oooh Mother Lode is one of my favorites (shoot, all the colorwaays are my favorites).

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I can't decide which explorer I hope to get, but I know I hope for yarn as beautiful as this!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oooooo, what a fun package! Can't wait to see one at my doorstep. Have fun knitting your socks.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Everything looks so lovely!

hillary said...

The treats that you got were really nice. It's exciting now that Yarn Aboard II has really started.