
I got a lovely little gift from Spiderwoman Knits today .. a little package of hand-made stitch markers from her 'blogwarming'. How cute are they! Thank you hun! They're simply precious, and will be very useful once I'm done with the Booga-making!
I also got my new Interweave Knits today, and have found a bazillion patterns within that I want to make. Some of them are rather silly .. what's with that skirt? But I love love love the Portland Pullover, as well as the Gatsby Girl Pullover, but I think my favorite is the Equinox Yoke Pullover. Down to the little rolled hem .. it's simply lovely. And the Northern Lights Jacket .. they both make me itch to try Fair Isle!And the lace patterns .. I really like the Glasgow Lace sweater, though I think it should be a bit longer .. anyone else with me, or am I just crazy? I feel the same about the Breton Jacket .. but I've never been overly fond of short-waisted tops I think. Maybe when I'm thinner.
The Father and Son Socks are very nice .. I might make some once I have appropriate yarns to do so .. and the Spartan Pullover for men is nice too. I could even make that for my dad!
I am simply in LOVE with the Weekend Pullover though .. I'm wondering how much of a misnomer -that- name is though. Despite the 'easy to remember' stitch-patterns it uses, I doubt it can be made in a weekend. It's lovely, however. As is the Sienna Cardigan .. yet, again, we have the short waist issue. I probably shouldn't say that though until I actually knit something wearable.
I also picked up a few other magazines when we went to pick out some books for Jason's Aunt Patty, who fell the other day in the yard and dislocated her jaw. OUCH!
I grabbed Family Circle's easy Knitting Spring/Summer issue, which has a few nice summery sweater patterns, but the cutest I think is the felted bowl patterns it has. I also finally broke down and bought Vogue Knitting's Spring/Summer issue. I knew it had several patterns I liked, but I'd been putting it off. But since Fall is coming, I thought I'd go ahead and get it .. since I'll only whine that I didn't later anyway. And Creative Knitting's September issue came out .. and it has a dishcloth pattern again! Yay! As well as a couple cute sweaters, and a non-felted slipper-sock pattern.
I don't have enough actual UFO's to actually join, but I came across UFO August KAL in my blog-reading today, and thought I'd promote it a little, for those of you that might actually read me and might be interested.
2 comments:
Oh, hey! I had already thought to declare August as the Month Emily Finishes Things. It's interesting that someone else has thought of the same thing...do you think that there is some kind of subconscious link between knitters? Like a knitting hive mind. Spooky.
I am so glad that you like the stitch markers! Use them happily :-)
(Whining) Am I the only person in the knit blogospere who hasn't gotten their IK yet? I can't wait to see it with all these rave reviews. I may just cave and go to the bookstore.
BTW, I love that fairy book you placed the markers on. I don't own it but oogle it on occasion in the bookstore.
Looks like I am going to the bookstore... ;-)
Post a Comment