Thursday, August 03, 2006

Strange Sky, UFOs, Reading and Knitting

Feh. Flargle. Blogger, play nice!

I'm trying to post pics of the sky tonight as the sun was setting, but Blogger's not playing nice at all. What's the dealio!? Grrr!

Anyway, the sky tonight, just as the sun was setting, was incredibly strange. Outside had this odd red cast to it, it was reflected on the cars in the parking lot and such. And the clouds to the east were reds and oranges, but the ones to the west were white and fluffly. Wierd!


Sydney said that Scout asked us to confess our UFO's. So here's my confession.

I have this yarn. Caron Simply Soft. I bought it for an afghan, because it's yummy soft, even if it is acrylic, and because it's in simply gorgeous colors. The problem is, I started one block, and am now stuck. Painfully and impossibly stuck. I cannot bear to keep knitting the same color in the same dull pattern for row upon row. And so it's been sitting, unloved and nigh forgotten, in my knit-tote for months now. I suppose I should pick a different pattern for it. I've considered making the tesselating fish blanket, but I'm not sure I want to do that. Recently I've fallen in love with the patterns from the Mason Dixon girls, especially the log cabin, but also the mitered squares .. but will I love them long enough to finish this beastie!? ('Ello, beastie....)

Dammit, Blogger, post my damned pictures! It's not -that- hard!

*grumble*

Chris is having a contest to celebrate her new blog. She wants people to write haiku inspired by her darling Chaos.

I've joined the Knit the Classics KAL. This month they're reading Lolita, by Vladimir Nabakov. I'm not sure I will be able to start this month, what with the new job and school likely starting, but I'll know more soon. They're also taking votes on the books for September, October and November. I'm torn between a few of them, but have a while to vote, which is good.

SEPTEMBER:
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Little Woman - Lousia MayAlcott
The Shipping News - Annie Proulx
The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood

OCTOBER:
Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift
Evelina - Frances Burney
Candide - Voltaire

NOVEMBER:
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
Emma - Jane Austen
The Last Man - Mary Shelley


Aha!! Pictures .. see, the sky was so oddly red!





3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Neat sky...I wonder if that's an ozone kinda thing?

This Weary Traveler said...

Have you seen the Leisure Arts book Afghans on the Double? It has some great quick patterns that you crochet with two strands of worsted held together. I'm a Simply Soft gal myself for afghans because I make them for others and I just don't think they will properly appreciate $200 worth of wool in their new blanket. Love the night sky pics!

Chris said...

Gorgeous sky pics - well worth the wait. ;)

Thanks for mentioning my contest!