Monday, January 15, 2007

Not a Knitter

That is what my husband says .. he's not a knitter. Oh, he knows how to knit and all .. but he's not a knitter. But this is what my 'not a knitter' husband knit lastnight. Double-stranded Tahki New Tweed in colors 14 (black with purple and orange flecks) and 27 (purple/black multi with orange flecks).



And .. why yes, that -is- an advance copy of Open Season. A perk for working for the movie studios is occasionally they send us goodies. :)

In my own knitting news, I have completed my first Red Scarf. I so want to keep it for myself, as despite being acrylic it is snuggly and soft and warm, and longer than I am tall! I used a modification of the Irish Hiking Scarf pattern, with only two cables instead of three because I wanted it to be nice and long and had limited yarn to work with. I think it looks lovely, don't you?




I'm now working on Red Scarf #2, which I will hopefully finish before January 25th so I can mail them off. I'm making this one out of Yarn Bee Italia - one of the many store-brand novelty yarns at Hobby Lobby, but admittedly one of my favorites. I'm using a pattern I found in a recent Knitter's magazine, one that makes it look almost like it's actually crocheted. It uses p4tog though, which is much more difficult than it needs to be. I'm managing though.





In that last photo .. you see the little skinny sticks, with butterflies on the end? Those are size 0000 needles. I need said needles for the bracelet kit my beloved got me for christmas. Yes, they are as tiny as they look, but I'm oddly excited to be knitting on them. :)

1 comment:

Brena said...

They're tiny, but oh so cute! And I love all the scarves.