Friday, January 12, 2007

Working has, this week at least, taken over my blogging time. I haven't been able to keep up with the ones I read, nevermind the one I try to write in at least every couple of days. But the holiday season, for me and my employment, is over. My store is back in order, and looking pretty good I must say, and I can finally quit working 30-hour weeks in addition to being a house-wife. A homemaker. You know, those women that are purported to stay home and do nothing all day but magically the house stays neat and the dishes are done and laundry is kept up with and food is cooked? Yeah, that's me. 'Cept it doesn't all get done magically.

Anyway, I -have- been knitting. My first Red Scarf is nearly complete. I keep waffling about if I'm going to just use up the skein I'm using now, or stop the scarf as it is and send it. It's plenty long, but I think I don't want the extra yarn hanging around. I dunno. I also finished the back of my sweater, and started the front. And I'm knitting on my mystery shawl as well .. I've nearly finished a second pattern repeat, which I say is impressive since one repeat is 32-freaking-rows. I do intend on knitting some hats soon, but first things first, the scarves have to be mailed in two weeks. Then I can start the hats.

I do have to say thank you to Kristi for her post about how to use a nostepinne. I bought Jason one for Christmas, mainly because he likes the word, but neither he nor I know how to use one. Now we can try it out on one of his own handspun hanks of pretty yarn!

Here's an amusement for me while I wait for Burning Crusade to hurry up and release already. (I got to see the collectors edition as merch staff checked in todays shipment. One of them -will- be mine .. just as soon as Tuesday gets here. *sigh*)

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Eminence the Very Viscountess Tania the Waspish of Frome Valley
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found the post helpful and are sharing the link with others!