Sunday, June 08, 2008

Oh wow. Ravelry, for the first time, isn't slow! My old PC took a while to load what has become one of my favorite knitting resources. And now that my new PC is here, and set up, and working, and the internet isn't being a huge pain in the ass, I was finally able to hit Ravelry without finding it a chore. And wow! I still had some major slow loading even after Casey and Jess got the new server, so I was a bit .. well .. concerned that the new server wasn't doing what it was supposed to. Lo and behold, it wasn't their server .. it was my POS 4-year-old computer!

There has been knitting, in between the waiting and the fussing and the transferring and the setting up and the copying. I worked some more on Sea Urchin, though I screwed up part of it and had to rip back several rows and work it again. This time though I got it right, so I can continue. I really should keep working on Envy the Owl, since the boys are working on finishing theirs. Jason, in fact, is almost completely finished with his. I had to start a cotton project to knit at our Wednesday night knitting group, because we stay outside on the patio since it's nice out, but it's just too hot to knit alpaca/silk on bamboo needles when it's still 90-degrees at 8pm. So I started a baby bib. Since a girl at work will be having a bany in a few months, I figured I should get started, hmm?

My laptop is becoming a repository for the Cast-On podcast, which is by far my favorite right now. Of course, I've only caught a snippet here and there of others. I probably should check them out again, since I do enjoy knitting to podcasts. I've gotten the first two series' downloaded so far. I've a ways to go, but then they'll be on the laptop, and I can even take them upstairs and hide away for a while.

No comments: