Tuesday, June 03, 2008

WIP (Woot!) and Wrath!

If you don't read my regular blog, I have my laptop finally, after a bit of a wrathful afternoon.



This is my new baby. Her name is, for the moment, Blossom. I think it's going to stick, but I'm not yet sure. She's a beauty, and there wasn't a whole lot I needed to do to get her going. A few icons moved from desktop to Quick-start, some futzing around with the Google Desktop, Gadgets and such, and I had to set up Lo-Jack for Laptops, plus install AVG. I'm waiting till I get my PC to decide what I'm doing about most of it, since Blossom is really just my 'I don't want to be tethered to my office' computer.

While waiting for Blossom to arrive .. and before I realized I was going to have to go and get her myself, I worked on Sea Urchin a little.



I emailed Ilga with some questions, and she got back to me with answers, which made me feel a lot better about the pattern in general. She also said she was delighted to hear I was knitting this as my first real garment, as it's a little more advanced than others. I've decided to add half a repeat before going on to the body, which I'll be getting to tonight. I'm so excited! I've gone through one ball of yarn .. but I have plenty of it since it was purchased for a different pattern.

The Seven Deadly S(p)ins club is having another contest. This time it's to come up with what your dream Wrath project would be. The prize is the yarn to make said Wrath project, dyed by them. I'm gonna hafta try this one.


Oh. And Isis is watching you.


No comments: