Monday, November 13, 2006

Sweater Progress

I started working on my sweater finally! I know it's been a long time coming for be to work on an actual garment .. and I need to start working on some socks too, but I've been being pestered by my mom-in-law to get working on this, so I went ahead lastnight and cast-on. So I figured I'd post my progress thus far, and I'm going to try and make a point of posting my progress every day ... (maybe that will keep me working on it a little more, hmm??)

Casting on - 115 stitches for the back.

Up to the first row of the eyelet stitch border.

A little closer up, showing the first row of eyelets, and getting on past the rest of the garter stitch.

A close up where I ended up lastnight ... starting the 21 rows that make up the stockinette portion of the sweater. This is the only part that's stockinette though, so it should be okay.

The sweater I'm making is from Better Homes and Gardens' book 'Hip Knits', which I picked up at Michael's of all places. I'm knitting it in this beautiful autumnal palette, the yarn is a 50 % mohair/22.5% wool/22.5% silk blend that I bought for myself at SAFF from the nice folks at Brooks Farm.




3 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is so my style of sweater. Love it.

Sheepish Annie said...

That's gonna be pretty!!! And I love the color. I think that a wool/silk blend is just about the finest thing ever put on this earth!

This Weary Traveler said...

It will be great. Whenever someone nags me about knitting something, I can't seem to knit it. I bought this book at a Joann that was going out of business for like $5. There are a quite a few patterns I really like in it and this is one of them.