I'm playing a bit of catchup today. I've been busy busy busy, and not wanting to really look at a computer much beyond what had to be done to get things settled for my classes. Now that things have settled down, and I've got myself in a better rhythm with work and class and house, I can find some time to sit, breathe, knit and blog again.
So. School is a bit stressful .. because I'm missing the labs for my astronomy class and the damned bookstore is 3 hours away, and WON'T PICK UP THE GODDAMN PHONE!!! So I can't call and say 'Hey, please send me those, here's my money' .. because they won't answer the freaking phone!!! Grrrr! Other than that though, school's fine. I'm settling into a routine, though I have this bad habit of getting ahead, so I'm trying to force myself to slow down.
That's something my boss at Mosaic complains about too. She's terrified that I'm going to finish college in 4 months and go and get a real job. Silly woman. I love Donna though. She's the best. And raves about me, apparently. I love her. She's a riot, so I think it's going to work out to be a great job. I honestly think I take it way more seriously than some do, having been to another store recently to cover, and finding it trashed. Lord, did that drive me crazy. But I got my first paycheck, so I feel like I'm actually working now. And next paycheck should be even better, as I have extra hours and such from last week. So I'm looking at first getting a few books I've been coveting for a while. The Mason Dixon one for sure .. and maybe one or two more.
I've a few knitting things going on, but no pictures yet. I joined the Monthly Dishcloth KAL, and had a blast with the mid-month cloth, so much that I want to make a bunch of them. I'm frogging the blanket square I had tried to make and am going to redo it as a log-cabin. Because I dislike plain garter stitch though, I'm thinking of working it in seed stitch. We'll see how that looks. I also need to finish some things for the friend that's having a baby any day now. Like, she's 3 days over-due. And boy, is she getting anxious about it. I want to make her another towel, I think, and maybe some more washcloths. And beyond that, maybe some burp-cloths and bibs, once I have the Mason Dixon book, and a kimono or three, since I've heard they're cute as can be.
Wow. I was -way- behind in reading blogs. I'm caught up mostly now though. Phew. Time to try the damn bookstore -again-, and then read some of the god-awful-boring book for Western Civ. *groans* Book test on it the 15th. And we -both- need to finish reading it before then. Yuck.
3 comments:
Just came from Gretchen's blog - I'm sorry to hear you can't walk with us, but thank you so much for being willing to, and for the donation in leiu of walking. I hope the new job is awesome... like the flowers down there a couple posts back - beautiful. I always ebd up getting red roses. I'm not exactly a fan of red roses, and I've told him so lol. It's the thought that counts... right...?
Anyway, good luck with those cute little mice, and the new job!
~Erin
I love Mason-Dixon! It is a must-have! Good luck with the bookstore.
I'm really enjoying the Mason Dixon book. The bibs are a lot of fun to make and quick too.
Post a Comment