Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Life or something like it.

Yesterday and the day before, because poor honey's been sick, I have made -homemade- chicken soup. Monday I made it with rice, using fried chicken to make the stock, and yesterday I started with uncooked chicken to make the stock, and used egg noodles. Both versions have been yummy-licious, and it couldn't be easier to make. I'm incredibly proud of myself for learning how to make from-scratch chicken soup, let me tell you. Yay me!

We're going to buy us some big bookcases for the house with the money my mom sent us for our anniversary. She sent $250 in gift cards to Home Depot. So, bookcases, and maybe some garden stuffs for fall, I think. I need a new wind-chime for outside .. the one on my little sheperd's hook is falling apart finally. And something to plant in the beds out front, now that the clematis is finally on it's last summer legs.

More knitting projects to come: Lace. I've decided I'm going to try my hand at some lace knitting, as there's a lace shawl at KnitPicks that I know a friend of ours will just love, so I want to make that for her. And ... it's knitted on size 11 needles! Which I'll have to find DPN's and 32" circ's for, but that's fine.

Oh, and socks. I'm finally finding I have some time to devote to the process now, so I'm going to go ahead and start .. especially since I have such yummy sock yarns now! Lorna's Laces, even! Not to mention the Regia I already had. That should be more than enough for me to get started, dontcha think?

Oh, and one more thing. Stuffed, Felted Alpaca. My friend Larissa bought me the pattern for the felted Alpaca, and I just know her ulterior motive was that she wanted one for herself. So, I've got to find the perfect fiber for a couple of those, too.

I need to take some pictures of Brandon's projects now, while the light still is good enough. And I'm trying to finish up some odd knits (A skinny garter scarf for my littlest niece, and the Monthly Dishclock mid-month KAL, which I've not yet finished.)

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

There is nothing better than homemade chicken soup! Especially when you are under the weather. Looking forward to seeing your lace knitting. I just can't seem to master it!

Knittymama said...

Lace....I so badly want to try some lace!

Thanks for the info on Team Nova! I came across Nova's page after my son was diagnosed with a CHD.Reading it helped a lot. Hope I helped get you a little closer to your goal...Good luck!