Sunday, August 20, 2006

I've been gone a long time. We had a death in the family that was a bit life-disheveling. Not that it was unexpected or anything, but it just caused a parade of visiting family and life was a bit odd for a while. On top of that, I started my new job and am getting things ready to start classes on Wednesday, so I've been busier than ever.

Friday was Jason and my anniversary. 5 years! Has it really been that long, already? He came home with flowers for me, unexpectedly I might add, and also had my car washed and vacumed .. which was a very nice gift indeed, since I never remember to have it done while the local detailing place is open.









Aren't they beautiful! He does so good when he buys me flowers. He always remembers I love sunflowers, for instance. And the delphinium were the same as the flowers in my bouquet. And I simply love the single yellow rose, and the snapdragons.


In other exciting news, we've been invaded again, but this time by something -much- cuter.





We have a mouse. Three actually, so far, unless it's been the same one sneaking back in somewhere. I'm not sure where they're coming from, as we don't keep the house so poorly that we'd have a hidden nest .. unless it's somewhere in the attic. We used to hear skitterings in the ceiling, so I guess that's possible. But I can't bear to use a poison or snap trap. I can't kill the cuties! We're gonna hunt some live traps maybe .. anything to keep Isis frum finding them. I don't want to wake up to little dead mousies left as tribute.

8 comments:

Sydney Harper said...

Sorry to hear about the death in your family. Sounds like you have a lot of things happening at once.

The flowers are gorgeous!

We had a mouse in our house briefly but it left before we ever figured out where it was coming from. Our neighbors had one and felt it came in through the dryer vent and so they put screen behind it.

Sheepish Annie said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Even when its expected it can still turn things upside down. Your flowers are beautiful; what a great anniversary gift along with car care! I hadn't realized that a clean car came with the long term relationship! I might have to rethink my dedicated single life... I don't think I could use the standard traps either. That is an awfully cute little feller!

This Weary Traveler said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Unexpected or not, it's always hard. The flowers are beautiful. I'm trying desperately to get rid of mice and you are taking pictures of them!

Just A Knit Wit said...

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. It's good that you took time for yourself and your family.

The flowers are positively beautiful. You are a lucky woman to have a guy that caring.

The mouse is very cute. I used to have 3 pet mice, once upon a time. They were very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that horrible when you're infested by something cute?? You should be able to kill without guilt. Man that mouse is so cute!

Gretchen said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's never easy, even when expected.

Your flowers are lovely and your little visitor is very cute...I'd think it would be even cuter *outside*, though. (-:

I've received the Yarn Aboard box and thank you so much! I'm posting about it on my blog and would like to send you a more proper thank you, but cannot find your email anywhere. I am gretchenknits at gmail dot com, if you wouldn't mind sending it to me. Thank you!

C+SK said...

I am so sorry to hear about the death in your family!
On a better note, congratulations on your wedding anniversary - and that mousy is just way toooo cute!!!

Marlene said...

I love mice and have a hard time thinking of them as "pests" even though I know they can carry disease.

Please try an electronic mouse repeller. I once worked in a store that was infested with them (many a funny story there!) and after they got ONE plug-in repeller (and the store was relatively large) the place was forever clear of mice. Amazing.

I can't speak for this particular brand, but the one the store used was similar.

http://www.smarthome.com/61494.html