~ 1lb ground beef (85% lean), cooked
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
splash of white wine vinegar
splash of Worcestershire sauce
1c beef broth/boullion
1tsp crushed red pepper
1tsp cumin
1tsp chili powder
Put everything in the crock pot and simmer for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
*Notes: Could have used less beef and more beans. Could also possibly have used some peppers and onions, though it was pretty damned good by itself. Using leaner ground beef or ground turkey/chicken would also cut points.
Made: ~ 7cups .. could be adjusted to make a little more with changed to beans, liquid, etc.
Points: ~ 4 points a serving at 7 cups. (1c servings)
All in all I'm pretty proud of myself. I just made the whole thing up after scanning a few dozen recipes. It had a good kick to it .. that I of course had to tame with sour cream, but that's because I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy food. My stomach just can't handle it.
Look at my adorable Isis .. isn't she sweet!


2 comments:
That beautiful baby looks like she could use a nice felted cat bed.
I know! She's been fussing about it. But I have to find the -right- yarn for her .. and I'm on this silly yarn diet!
Ah well .. September will come soon enough. :)
Post a Comment