Monday, June 19, 2006



Yarn: Bernat Cottontots in Wonder Dreams
Needles: US 7 Aluminum straights
Pattern: Small Gingham, from The Knitter's Bible


I made this on the trip up to my nieces' graduation party yesterday. It's made out of the same baby cotton I used for the towel posted earlier. I think it came out pretty good. I was surprised it didn't use up more than it did though .. I still have baby cotton left. Aaargh! I'm going to try another pattern from the book I got this one from. Maybe Heart Squares. I think that's a good 'baby' pattern.

I enjoyed the trip, though it was ungodly hot. I hid inside a good part of the time, untill too many people I didn't know were inside, and then I ended up back outside, though in the shade. And I knitted in public a lot too. Brittany's boyfriend asked me to make him a sweater. I told him as long as he buys me the yarn, I'd do it! :) And Britt wants me to make her discloths for her new apartment. So I've got to be okay with buying more cotton so I can make them in the colors she wants. And being in the SOSKAL, I'm not sure I really should, but it's a gift, and I won't be keeping any of the yarn.

I started another cloth for the baby, and here's a pic of my progress. I'm liking this pattern .. even though I messed up the center (blue) heart. It doesn't show much though, so I'm not worried.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Love the hearts. Very cute.

ButterflyLane said...

The colors lined up perfectly, too. Very sweet.

essjay said...

The cloths look wonderful!

This Weary Traveler said...

So cute!! Now that makes me want to add to the list.