Look! Look! I finally finished it! And there are -so- many things I will do different on the next one (which I already have the yarn for, but I need to work on something else first, to get a break.) but it's done, and it'll look alright I think. And I have to keep reminding myself .. it's a -towel-. It's not like it's haute coteur (sp?) baby-wear or anything. It's a towel. And I have probably 3/4ths of a skein left. Maybe for some booties, and/or washcloths to go with the towel.
This is is all stretched out .. I have no really good place to take pictures without having awful light. This one I did on my freshly-made bed .. and it still looks kinda funny. I probably should have grabbed the knitting inspector - for persepctive or something.
This is my favorite shot I think, showing the hood, lopsided though it is, and the beautiful seaming. I think the hood could have been deeper .. so I maybe should cast off earlier, at a wider point. But I -love- the border on this, even though it likes to fold over. And the colors are just so soothing. So baby.I'm pleased.
2 comments:
Beautiful job! I'm sure the baby and mom will love it!
Gosh, this is absolutely lovely, I especially love the hoddie-part and that awesome yarn you chose! Great job you did, congrats!
Dipsy D. http://www.millharrow.com/weblog
Post a Comment