This is how the baby towel looked three month ago .. and I'd been working on it for a while.
This is how it looks now. I've been working on it pretty steadily for the last moth or so .. especially since I joined the SOSKAL. And I'm bound and determined that I am going to finish this in the next few days, if not today.
Now, there are a few issues. The pattern I'm using has you bind off the 'body' of the towel, then knit the hood separate, then sew it on. Well, seaming and me aren't friends. Sorry. Seaming and I. So I figured out that I could quickly decrease from the 100 stitches of the body, to the 75 of the hood. Not so hard, right? Except it's made these funny places, especially on the right-hand side of the towel.
They're not a -hugely- bad thing, but they annoy me.
Also, in making up the hood, the pattern has you knit for 26 rows, then begin to decrease on every other row. I've been doing it on the purl side, as the whole shebang is stockinette with a seed border, and so I'm getting this nice shaping on the left side:
But on the right side, it's remaining perfectly straight.
Again, not a big deal. It's a towel, after all. But I would like to figure out how to remake this pattern to have a more symmetrical look to it. I have yarn to make another towel, in slightly different colors, so I would appreciate any suggestions. I'm by -no means- a knitting designer, and have been pretty much flying by the seat of my pants with this project.





2 comments:
Instead of every two rows, maybe you should cast one off every three- then they will be on opposite sides.
This is really cute and I have a friend who is having a baby this fall. Sounds like I'll have to start NOW though!
Post a Comment