First of all, I bought a new car. I bought a 2006 Pontiac Torrent, after trying out the Saturn Vue and the Chevy Equinox also. I found the Torrent was better than the other two for what I was looking for .. and the color I got was far better than any I could have gotten from Chevy. It's a beautiful vibrant blue .. called Blue Streak .. and the car is just a dream. I got a sunroom, and XM radio, and a 6-CD changer in the dash .. it's perfect. I couldn't ask for much better in a car for me.

Also, we're going on vacation next week. DH is in-between jobs right now .. though he's been offered positions at 3 separate dealerships now, so it's just a matter of who will give him the better deal ... and so we have time right now to go on vacation without worrying that he's missing a sale. And though I will have to get a job when we get back so I can make my car payment ($380/mo), I should have plenty of time to do that when we get back from the mountains.

We've rented a cabin up in the Pigeon Forge area of Tennessee. DH and I have been up there before, with his folks. This time we're taking B with us, as we often go on vacations with friends rather than going it alone. It's a beautiful little cabin, with a hot tub, and a pool table, and even a n old-fashioned arcade video game machine! And we'll be there until Saturday, when we check out and head home. But this time, we're not spending $4-500 on a rental car, since my Torrent is big enough easily for us to take on long trips. I still have to baby it a little, but it's more than capable of handling the drive.
On the knitting front, I've found the perfect LYS. It's about 20-25 minutes away, in Pineville NC. They have classes about every day for something, on a somewhat rotating schedule, and most are only $10 for 2 hours. Felting classes are $20 for 3 hours, so it's not bad at all. And best of all, of all the places I've seen in the area, they've the best selection and prices around.
My dust bunny is nearly completed. I'll likely finish it up tonight, get him seamed and stuffed, so I can take pictures. He'll be done just in time for Easter!! He's going to be utterly adorable, I swear. And happily, I found the yarn used to make him $5 cheaper than where I had been buying it .. at the new LYS. So I can make him a little more affordably for others!
1 comment:
I'm so completly jealous of your vacation!! That cabin looks like a great place to take it easy for a while - hopefully can enjoy it knowing about the job offers and driving your new car!
Post a Comment