Wednesday, April 12, 2006

You Know You're Addicted to Knitting When ...

You have a room in your house devoted just to knitting. - Not yet, but I'd like to!

You buy yarn just because it's pretty, even if you don't know what you'll do with it. - I try no to do this, but I'm good at thinking up things to do with it!

You have been to at least one trade show (convention) or knitting camp. - Not yet. It's not until October.

You have traveled across state lines to increase your stash. - Regularly.

You have spent over $100 on knitting (yarn/patterns/books) in one day. - Not yet.

You have spent over $400 at a knitting trade show (convention/camp) market in one day. - Can't see myself doing this ... unless I get honey a spinning wheel.

You have lied to hide the fact that you have bought more yarn. - I don't lie about what I buy, thankfully.

You have put the name of a grocery store in your check register for the check that was for yarn. - What's a check register?

You try to beat your husband (or significant other) to the mailbox (so you get to the yarn deliveries first). - I always beat him. I'm home, he's not!

Most of your friends are knitters. - And if they're not, they will be!

You have called in sick to stay home from work to knit. - I'm blissfully unemployed, thank gods!

You have called in sick to go on a knitter's field trip. - See above.

You stay up at night to knit, even if it means you only get a few hours of sleep. - I've so done this!

The employees at the local yarn shop know you by name and have memorized you credit card number. - Not my credit card number (that'd be bad!) but they no longer ask for ID.

You find it hard to sleep because of your UFOs (unfinished objects) or new ideas whirling around in your brain. - It has happened, yes.

You get up in the middle of the night to work on projects. - I have. But only when I can't sleep.

You get up in the middle of the night to read online knit list messages. - I'm not -that- bad!

In your dreams, you are knitting. - I haven't remembered any yet.

You have more than two knitting totes. - Much to my honey's chagrin, yes.

You have an email address that reflects the fact that you are a knitter. - Of course I do!

You have a personalized license plate that reflects the fact that you are a knitter. - Umm .. no.

You have some kind of knitting accessory(ies) in every room in the house. - Guilty!

You are the only one in your family who knows what a yarn bra is. - I'm not even sure I know what a yarn bra is ... ?

You can recite the names of more knitwear designers than past presidents. - Umm .. yes. Sad, isn't it?

You knit and read at the same time. If you are unable to do this because of a complex pattern, you will forego the reading. - No, only because I don't read. But I do knit and watch TV or play computer games at the same time.

You have used knitting and the acquisition of yarn as the theme for a vacation. Here's an idea - let's look for all of the yarn mills in (Prince Edward Island, British Columbia/ Virginia/Wisconsin/etc. - place your destination here) for this year's vacation! - We're planning on going to the NC Fiber Fair in October .. does that count?

You joined a knitting Web ring and keep a knitting blog. - Guilty!

No comments: