Monday, February 12, 2007

Ann at Crossroad Knits asked us "Where is your knitting?".

My knitting is everywhere, though I try to keep it in some organized fashion. I'm not that good at the whole organized thing though, at least not in this case, mainly because I have more stuff than I have places to store my stuff. We're working on changing that though, with a new home possibly in the near future, but back to the knitting.


Here I show my knitting nook in its normal state. A mess. But at least I can sit in the chair now .. that's a huge improvement. Great natural light when I'm knitting during the day, and the overhead ceiling fan has natural light bulbs for when I'm watching tv with honey and Brandon.


This is the basket honey got me for christmas .. the one that made me cry when I opened it because it was filled with goodies, and just showed how well he knows me. It serves as a perfect knitting nook backet, because it can close, it doesn't take a lot of floor space, and is beautiful. Inside you can see the handles I finally got for my Promenade Bag, the finished back piece of my tunic sweater, and a bunch of other odds and ends that are awaiting me having time to knit them.


Also beside my chair is a bookcase, seen in the background, and a side table on which a basket of yarn sits. This basket is filled, mostly, with fun fur, so that whenever I get fed up with a projects .. it happens, y'know .. I can pick up needles and some fur and make up a quick hat. And they are quick indeed. :)


This is the newest addition to my knitting bags. I got this one at Walgreen's for $5, and also picked up an LED book light for $2.50 ... $7.50 for two excellent knitting accessories .. can't beat that. Inside here you can find the dishtowel I wove, the yarn and beads for my Heartstrings Cowl, the yarn and beads for my beaded scarf, and the string and beads for my knitted bracelet, as well as the just barely started front of my tunic sweater. This is the bag I carry around with me now, since it has lots of room.


Last but by far not least is the Candleflame Shawl I'm knitting for a friend. It's nowhere near complete, but it sits right now on my desk amongst the other yarn I've piled here for Project spectrum, mainly because I try to work on it while I'm working on schoolwork in my office.

That's where my knitting is. Where's yours?

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Cool! You got you a bag! I liked that striped one too, but the only one they had was on display. Wish I'd seen the booklights!

Maybe I'll answer the "where's your knitting" question after I clean my house...otherwise I may not be able to find it all...