Thursday, November 30, 2006

Marco ... Polo!!!

Ugh. I'm so worn out, and the week's not over yet! Gah!

As I said the other day, Marco Polo has arrived safely, and is starting on his way out to another destination tomorrow. I couldn't even get pictures taken before my darling husband, who the swap was for anyway, attacked the packages of candy sent within. But I got some pictures once I wrested everything from his greedy little paws.


Look! A box full of beautiful stuff!




And inside, some -beautiful- fibers. Some utterly beautiful white merino (that hubby is afraid to work with until he gets a little better. He's having some issues with merino not taking spin well for him) and some simply fabulous BFL in a gorgeous colorway that I cannot wait for him to spin so I can knit it up into .. well.. something.


Candy .. that he broke into before I could pull out the camera. Very much his favorites. Thank you!


And finally, some tea, some cocoa and some mints which we both will love!

Thank you thank you thank you Amanda. Everything is much loved and much delighted in, and we have to say that being part of Yarn Aboard 2 has been just a blast!

EDIT: Unfortunately, Amanda of the Yarn Aboard deserves, after her recent comments on her blog and emails to be, no thanks. I entered this swap because I thought it would be fun, not because I wanted another job to do. Getting snippy and bitchy with me because I had the -gall- to not email my husband's thanks to her the moment I got the package is simply rediculous, insensitive, and prompts me to believe that this 'good hearted' woman simply wants to get all these packages back, and isn't really interested in the idea of giving. Gods forbid someone actually have a life. Gods forbid we have trouble going on in our home, in our lives, and not be able to email her immediately. Gods forbid we want to post our thanks for everyone to see, and not simply send an email, which I personally find cold and without a human touch.

So I am no longer a part of Yarn Aboard 2, I do not want to be a part of the contests she has running for it, and will not involve myself in any of this callous, uncaring woman's swaps. Actually, I will probably not involve myself in any further swaps with this bad taste in my mouth.

2 comments:

Knittymama said...

What a sweet package!

gray la gran said...

my hard drive died last last, so i missed quite a bit of drama.
i've never participated in a swap. i choose not to because i'm not a gambler. if i'm going to invest money in a yarny-thing, i'd rather choose the things i want, and pay for them myself.
i'm always amazed at this unspoken peer pressure to gush over the contents of the box, and the set of pictures of the ceremony of exposing the contents. it's just not my cup of tea. some people have good experiences, and some do not. i'm not taking the risk, so i decline participation.
cheers to you for expressing yourself on YOUR blog.
i zap comments i don't like either. ... even if they're from the wife of a very good friend. i dare her to come back and say, "where did my comment go?". 'cause then, i can say, "i thought it was bitchy so i erased it."
have a great day :)