I'm back from the whirlwind that was my weekend at SAFF. I will have to post a more in-depth review later, probably tomorrow, when I've had more cold medicine in me or something, but for now, I wanted to post, say hello, and let everyone know what they missed!
To let ya'll know just how much fun was had, I took something like 850 pictures. That's how many I used up on the two memory cards while we were gone, starting on the trip up and ending when we went to the zoo on Monday. I'll have to take some time to go through them all. I'm sure a large protion of said pictures will be not keepers, but I know for certain that some will be good. There's a lot of scenery shots, some from the fiber fair, and a bunch from the zoo. Some of the animals were much more cooperative this time.
SAFF was wonderful. Cold and rainy on Friday, though that was alright because we spent all our time in the fair, and then at dinner. Saturday it cleared up, and we spent a few hours perusing the vendors. Afterwards we drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway as far as Mount Mitchel .. which was covered in a hoar frost and had a 19-dregree wind-chill factor. Sunda .. my birthday .. was spent in workshops for all of us, with a little shopping in between, then dinner at a perfectly wonderful place in Asheville, then back to the cabin for s'mores, and Monday we headed to the zoo, and spent the evening at Jason's parent's house.
The house that was rented was ... well, quaint and rustic and cozy. And had me in literal tears once I got there and realized just how far out in nowhere we were. I was fine once Jason and Larissa got there safely .. I talked them in. But it was still not our best home-away-from-home. Not by a longshot.
I'm getting tired .. cold medicine is kicking in. I'll talk about my yarn haul, and other stuff too, tomorrow. When I'm rested .. and well medicated.
1 comment:
i look forward to your saff review and the loot!
i love mt. mitchell. what's really fun is to park at the campground at the base and hike to the top and back ... you won't walk normal for days .....
Post a Comment