Friday, October 06, 2006

So I've been severely lacking in the posting department. I know. I've just been so incredibly busy, it's not even funny. I have been doing a bit of knitting ... not terribly lots, but enough that I can contribute some progress reports to blogdom.

But first .. has anyone else noticed that Fall .. well .. fell all of a sudden? It seems like it doesn't gradually get dark anymore. It just sorta .. becomes night. I am pleased with the weather change .. we had a brief one a few weeks ago, but it got hot again on us. 80-degree heat .. in October. Ugh! But today I think was the lastbreak. It went from over 70-degrees to probably not more than 65 right now. It's only 71 in the house, and I've had the windows open all day long. It's been delightful.

On to the knitting.

I've finished the knitting of the shopping bag I was working on. I just have to find handles for it, and that will be done. But I'm counting it as completed for the purposes of knitting projects, since there's no more knitting to be done on it.

I've started working on some facecloths for Neely in a scrumptious yet simple purple microfiber. They're coming out nice, though as usual I keep finding some things I would change. I dislike the way stockinette curls, so I've already decided to alter the pattern for the next one. I just can't bear to frog a ton of stockinette knitted on damn 5's.

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

It surely did come fast! I'm sitting here in flannel jammies and handknit socks surrounded by orange leaves and trying to find a sweater for tomorrow's big day of bowling with the nieces. How did this happen??? It was summertime just a second ago...

This Weary Traveler said...

I love fall! I hope you'll post a picture of the bag.

Anonymous said...

I've loving this weather, but then I like cooler weather anyway. Yeah I want to see how your bag turned out.