Monday, May 29, 2006

Summer of Stash 2006

I joined the Summer of Stash and so I pledge to knit from stash from today to Labor Day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, no yarn purchases allowed. You must knit only from stash.
2. Each SoS team member may have up to two exceptions to their rule this summer. For example, if you find us after Memorial Day, you are welcome to join later, and simply designate a later start date as your exception.
3. Challenge yourself to reduce your stash in creative or generous ways. Share your projects and ideas with other SoS-ers.
4. Rules apply only to yarn purchases. Books, patterns, and needles/notions needed to complete projects are allowed and encouraged if it gets you through the summer.
5. Plan and post about special Post-Labor Day Reward.

Have a great Summer of Stash!



I have to confess that I have been horrible about buying a bunch of yarn without truly needing it. I have tons of cotton for dishcloths, actually .. and while I do intend to make them, I've gotten sidetracked. And baby-yarn has been a real bad sin of mine .. with D soon having her baby, I've been buying a lot, but haven't finished a single project. So this Summer of Stash will be very good for me .. and Jason will be happy about it too!

2 comments:

essjay said...

You are brave!! :) I know I wouldn't make it through this unless I knit VERY slowly! Good luck!

Tania A said...

I have LOTS of projects to keep be busy, I promise. :)

Thanks!