Saturday, May 02, 2009

Finished Object!!

I get to be excited about this one, because it's not only an actual finished object that's not a dishcloth, or a quick 1-hour phone case, but it's a gift for a dear family friend -and- a bit of stash-busting as well! Oh, and it was supposed to be my project for Project Spectrum, too! It was done before May .. just not finished!


The color is more green than these pictures show, but I think the green bedspread eats all that green up. I ran out of yarn .. 500 yards of it too! .. so I ended up trimming it with some Araucania Azapa, which is a yummy Merino/Silk/Alpaca blend.


It came out pretty good, if I do say so myself. And I'm so pleased with the result, I think I might take the pink I have of the Brooks Farm Duet and make another, maybe for my niece, or maybe even me! I haven't decided yet. I am becoming a bit more fond of softer and warmer pinks, though.

2 comments:

Chris said...

And Brooks FF yarn is divine!

elizabeth said...

I love pink and brown together! Pretty!