Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Open Letter to my Knitting

Dear WIPs

Please don’t think that I’m neglecting you when I cast on yet another project. I’m not, I promise. You have known all along I have PADD (Project Attention Deficit Disorder), so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that I am lusting after yet another yummy thing to put on needles. Owl? Oh yes, don’t worry, I’ll come back to you. Sea Urchin sweater? I haven’t forgotten you. I’m just a little tired of dealing with your neckline. Wrapigan? Think about it, you’re miles of stockinette. Would you stay constant? Serenity cable scarf? You’re complicated enough to not be easy right now .. and I’m a bit concerned about your color at the moment. I’ve already had to start you twice. Give me a break. The two chevron scarves I started .. one of you is a gift, true. But the recipient doesn’t expect you any time soon, and the other is just for me. I can wait. Baby blocks? Yes, you’re for a baby shower in a month. I know I need at least three times six squares, more if possible. But I simply must cast on for my Jayne hat!

Love, Me, the knitter with PADD.

No comments: