Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Knitting Knews .. or Gnus. Or News.

Or it could be a noose. The old saying is 'give them enough rope', right?


Anyway .. I finished my socks! I love them. I think I might have liked them a little higher up on the leg, maybe, and perhaps a teensy bit more snug. But I dunno. They're not falling down or anything, so I really can't complain there. And they don't feel loose around the ankle or anything.



I do think that for my first pair of socks they are definitely a huge success. I learned a lot... including not to be afraid of knitting socks. I think I will always have a pair on needles. Now it's time to tackle the whole knitting two socks at a time on one circular thing. I haven't exactly decided which yarn I'm going to use, or if I'm going to try a pattern. But I have plenty of yarn to play with.


That's all of them I could find. I may have a few more tucked somewhere, but that's the bulk of it. There's some Sea Wool, thanks to my darling honey. There's some Cherry Tree Hill in Cherry Blossom. I also have a CTH boucle in the same colorway. Love! THere's some Regia 4-ply, and two different kinds from Yarnsmiths I got at SAFF 2007. And some Tofutsies. Underneath I have more CTH, and some Lorna's Laces, and some Opal. Oh, I have a little more. Some Koigu too is hiding in my office I just found.

I'm so very pleased that I finished my socks, because I just got the package for the second installment of the Seven Deadly S(p)ins yarn club. This month is Wrath .. but instead of doing wrath they did peace. And while there's been some grumbling about it in the Ravelry forum, I think it's great. I utterly -love- the yarn. Peruvian cotton! Oh my goddess it's so soft. It's going to make a lovely facecloth and soap sack.


And the goodies! A candle, and soap, and bath salts .. and a little sheepy stitch marker and some chocolate! I still haven't eaten my jellybeans from Gluttony either. I might have to keep all the yummies and celebrate with them when it's all over.

I also have -another- WIP. I started working on a bag from this pattern for Trio, though I'm using my Trendsetter Segue in Tahitian Twist instead. And it looks gorgeous. It's going to be, more than likely, a knitting tote for me, but I'm totally okay with that. Who can't use more knitting bags!?


I'm actually a little further along now, but that's the last picture I took. And it shows the colors beautifully. It's like a peacock!

Ravelry Details - Gluttony Sock
Ravelry Details - Wrath
Ravelry Details - Peacock Bag

1 comment:

gray la gran said...

i think, you have met success, with socks, and sock fit. there is an ongoing learning curve with socks. your taste in fit does change. but, as far as a small project 'to keep around' ... they're the best!