I took the plunge recently and started my very first sock. Well, -technically- it's my second, because I finished the mini sock for the mini sock-blocker keychain. But as far as socks that would fit a human of any size, it's my first sock. And though I've been a mite concerned about the stitch numbers, it's looking good now, so I'm pretty sure I've done alright thus far.
I absolutely love this pattern. Just some slipped stitches and pur rows to give it substance. No complicated lace or anything. This gives me confidence that I actually can knit socks.
See how lovely the pattern is! I just adore it. I made the cuff a wee bit smaller than the pattern called for, because I'm not a fan of cuffs. We'll see how that works out in the end, I suppose.
I knit a heel flap! And I (successfully?) turned a heel!
I picked up (probably a few too many) stitches for the gusset, and have remembered to knit the even rows as well as the decrease ones!
I suspect I'll be done with this sock this weekend, and will immediately cast on the second one, lest I get caught in the 'one sock' trap I hear so much about.
As with everything now, project details on Ravelry.
1 comment:
it's beautiful! (you know, i'm kinda partial to socks!) .... you're doing great .....
=)
Post a Comment