Thursday, October 25, 2007

My answers below...

Here's what the formatting means:

Bold = have already tried this
Italicized = Plan to try this
Unemphasized = Have no desire to try this

Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire - I have the cutest pattern for candle holders .. just need time to try it!
Shawl - *looks at her stash* So much yarn for shawls, so little time.
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down - I will. Next year, if not before then, I will cast on my first sock.
Socks: toe-up - I will do this too.
Knitting with camel yarn - And quiviut too!
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down - Someday, yes, though I don't even usually wear mittens.
Hat - Monkey hats count, dammit!
Knitting with silk - This gets both because I've knitted with silk blends, but not pure silk. Yet!
Moebius band knitting - I do plan to try this, though it's all kinds of intimidating.
Participating in a KAL - This gets both because I have both participated ( dishcloths ) and plan to do more. They're kinda fun!
Sweater - Still working on. But I started, so I can count it!
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn - Need to find something to do with it, but I will .. and hopefully, mine won't melt!
Slip stitch patterns - Looooove mosaic knitting!
Knitting with banana fiber yarn - Jason got me some too .. can't wait!
Domino knitting - Do huh? Though, I did find links. Looks like it's similar to mitered squares, but it's a little more complex. I smell a book I might want.
http://www.amazon.com/Domino-Knitting-Technique-Vivian-Hoxbro/dp/193149911X http://www.interweave.com/knit/books/domino_knitting.asp

Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn - Got the yarn, just need to knit the poncho before the little girl is too big!
Two end knitting - Not to my … hey .. yes! I did this with my first Ball Band Dishcloth!
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn - Yes please! And corn too!
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing - Monkey Hats!
Knitting with circular needles - Totally .. like all the time.
Baby items - Only because I have a few actual friends that have them.
• Knitting with your own handspun - I won't say I plan this because I do not think I have the patience for spinning. But one never knows.
Slippers - Someday. Probably felted, even.
Graffiti knitting - I love the idea. I so want to, just to have done it.
Continental knitting - I have totally tried. But my hands don't like it.
Designing knitted garments - One day. I will design my own.
Cable stitch patterns - Looooove cables.
Lace patterns - Usually love lace. I need a better system for keeping track of where I am though.
Publishing a knitting book - I have an idea in mind. Just need to see if I can implement it. Oh yeah, and learn to design my own patterns.
Scarf - This gets both because I have done them, and plan to do many more. Nyah.
• Teaching a child to knit - Not unless I teach Savannah.
• American/English knitting - Wha?
Knitting to make money - Yes please!
Buttonholes
Knitting with Alpaca - This gets both because I've knitted with blends, but not pure alpaca. Have some though!
Knitting with Angora - I totally added this because it should be there! And I plan to, definitely!
Fair Isle knitting - Someday. Probably in socks or mittens!
• Norwegian knitting - Isn't this Fair Isle?
Dying with plant colors - This sounds -soooo- fun!
Knitting items for a wedding - My sister and niece have to get married -someday-.
Household items
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
Olympic knitting
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns
Holiday-related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit - Nyah. Even if Brandon has a girl card, I taught Jason!
Bobbles - I'm sure they have a use.
Knitting for a living - This would be a dream come true for me right now.
Knitting with cotton - All the time. I always have at least one dishcloth on some needles somewhere.
• Knitting smocking - Eeew. Oh .. but wait .. pillows. This is a maybe.
Dying yarn - Cannot wait to try this.
Steeks - Scarey, but I'll try it. One day.
Knitting art - I agree with B .. knitting is art!
Fulling/felting - Love felting.
Knitting with wool - Love wool.
Textured knitting
Kitchener BO - For socks, this is almost a necessary.
Purses/bags - Of course!
Knitting with beads - Several projects, in fact!
Swatching - A necessary evil.
Long Tail CO
Entrelac - Scarey, but I so want to.
Knitting and purling backwards - If this is twisting stitches? Yes. If not .. umm .. wha?
Machine knitting - Like Brandon, it's cheating, but cheating I can get behind in some instances.
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegating yarn - Variegated yes. Self-striping eventually. Probably not self-patterning though.
Stuffed toys - Bunnies!
Knitting with cashmere - Mmm. Yes please. Even a blend will do me fine.
Darning - Once I've made my own socks, definitely.
Jewelry - I made a bracelet! Just need a clasp.
Knitting with synthetic yarn - I learned on it!
Writing a pattern - Goes along with the knitting a book. I want to .. but will I ever get that good?
Gloves - Eventually, yes!
Intarsia - Scarey, but I wanna do it!
Knitting with linen - Talk about dishtowels!
Knitting for preemies - Only in the case of charity knitting, but sure.
Tubular CO - I'll try it, if nothing else.
• Freeform knitting - If this means that silly scrumbling thing, no thank you.
Short rows - In socks, no doubt, if nowhere else.
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/armwarmers - I even found the perfect fingerless mitt pattern. And these are different than fingerless gloves, B. Fingerless gloves have half-fingers.
Pillows - Because one day, I'll have furniture that needs pillows.
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine - Knitty.com rules!
Rug
• Knitting on a loom - Weaving, yes. Using a knitting loom? No.
Thrummed knitting - Another thing I had to look up, but it has potential.
http://fiberfreak.blogspot.com/2006/01/thrum-de-dum.html
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2004/09/15/mitten_what_mitten.html
Knitting a gift - So many.
Knitting for pets - Isis needs cat toys, after all!
Shrug/bolero/poncho - I have at least a poncho in the works. And I need a shrug!
• Knitting with dog/cat hair - Interesting idea, but I don't have a dog/cat that I could get enough hair from in my lifetime.
Hair accessories - I will try again with the knitted scrunchy.
Knitting in public - All the time!

No comments: