Friday, November 10, 2006

Jealousy and Porn and other things.

First of all, Haphazard Knitter has knitting-themed refrigerator word magnets. I'm so jealous!!!

And .. did I promise porn? I think I did. Lemme pull some of it out to add to the drooling of this deliciously hot friday. Really, I mean hot. I think it came close to 80 degrees today. Yes. In November. (Which reminds me, I need to look up the origin/meaning of 'Indian Summer'.)





That is, from top to bottom, some Tiny Toes I got to make a beautiful beaded scarf (picked up at SAFF of course), some Knit Picks Shimmer I have for a shawl I want to make for Larissa, the dear friend that taught me to knit, and the Lorna's Laces Mother Lode sock yarn I got from my Yarn Aboard benefactress, that I'm just looking for the -perfect- sock pattern for. I'm afraid that any of the more detailed patterns might be a bit too much for this beautiful colorway.



I promised a photo of my book stash .. there it is, meager as it is for now. But I've got more on my Amazon Wish List, and a few more coming, thanks to my darling husband. He just purchased himself a spinning wheel, so I get to get books and such. Nice trade, hmm?

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Yup...I need to go yarn shopping. Badly! That's some pretty nice stuff ya got there!

gray la gran said...

whoops!
i got the knitting magnets as a "gift" for resubscribing to interweave knits while i was at stitches east a few years ago. i don't know where/how you'd get some, but i think it's worth contacting interweave press and asking :)
i've always had very good results calling them up an asking questions ... i even called up ann budd once and left her a message, and she called me back !
it's a good magazine and company, so give them a holler :)
ps. love the porn !

it was really good for me !

;)