I forgot to post my Saturday Sky photos, in all the hubub and busy yesterday, which I'll get to. It was pretty clear, actually. We'd had some rain, and so it was a little muggy even that early, but there weren't really clouds to speak of.

I just love using the Moasaic Maker .. especially since I don't have to use Flickr albums to do it. Yay!
My favorite shot from the ones I took. Just a couple fluffy clouds and lots of blue sky. And the trees outside my front door. Bradford pears and river birches .. though, we're not near a river so why they put them here is beyond me. Silly development.The sun was -really- bright though. Can't you tell?

While I was taking pictures a plane went overhead. I followed it, trying to get a picture and wasn't having a lot of luck. Then I saw this and thought it was flying oddly. I soon discovered why .. it's a hawk. I've not seen many flying over our house. I see them around a lot, but not so close. A'course, this is a crappy picture of it, but you can at least tell that it's a bird.
Back to the hubbub and busy. Yesterday was Brandon's birthday, and on top of that we had our Weight Watchers meeting. We got the meeting done and Jason dropped off to work (I lost another .2, which I call good considering the feast I had a few days ago .. so not good for me, but cured a bad craving for fast food) and headed home. Through the meeting I worked some on the icord for Brandon's Booga, but when I got home I wanted to work on something that wasn't wool.
So instead I picked up my cone of Sugar and Cream in Ecru, and started working on the Promenade shopping bag.
I had gotten through the first three repetitions of the pattern stitch before we had to go and pick Jason up at the dealership on the way to go eat and bring Brandon home for a week.
As you can probably tell, something got screwy in the pattern. I'm fairly positive I started with the right # of stitches, but it wasn't working right, and I had to fudge around until I got it looking and working right, so the first three rounds of the pattern stitch stack in the wrong direction before I got the hang of it and made it work. I don't think it'll look bad, so I'm not bothering to rip out the progress.
The reason I got -so much- done was we went to get Jason at work at 6pm. He'd told us he might be a few minutes late, which was fine. We figured we'd knit in the car, and all would be good. About 5 minutes after we get there, a couple drives up in an ancient Chevy Silverado, walks in, and wants to buy a new (well, used, but new to them) truck then and there. Jason was the only other salesman on the floor, so he took them and got things moving. No big deal, shouldn't take too long. And we had our knitting!
An hour and a half later, they were still there. Not because they were being slow or obstinate or anything. Hell no. These folks with almost 800 Beacon scores were waiting very patiently for the couple that was in the finance manager's office .. who had by then been in there for 2 hours, and were reading every word and checking every term in their paperwork, and using their calculator to check numbers, and wanting this taken off and that taken off, and basically being every finance manager's worst nightmare. Poor Eddie.
I knitted through all of this. Sat with Brandon in the car, waiting. Knitting, and listening to my XM radio. Thank the goddess for XM radio! Somewhere around 8pm, we got really thirsty, and went to the gas station next door and discovered two new flavors of Diet Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Jazz, which comes in Black Cherry & French Vanilla and Strawberries and Cream. Zero calories, and incredibly yummy flavor, though if you don't like DIet Pepsi you might not like them. I love them. Yummo!
We headed back to the dealership and waited some more. Eventually, the annoying couple came out to start inspecting the car. And I mean inspecting. This woman was checking every miniscule thing .. finding barely perceptible flaws in the paint and shit. And this went on for an hour. An hour!!! Eventually, and by this time everyone was ready to leave but couldn't because of these idiots, they called the GM out. Will explained that he had a sick wife and three boys at home and that he really needed to leave, but the woman made him come out anyway and showed him every miniscule thing that she felt was wrong with the car. What a bitch! I realize that you want your new car to be perfect, but good Lord and lady, lady. She'd already nearly given Eddie a stroke with her behavior, and now she was pulling this with Will. I about wanted to get out of the car and scream at her to just take the car already.
But instead, I knitted, patiently waiting for Jason's customers to sign their paperwork so he could hand them their keys and shake their hands. Which he eventually managed. At 9:10pm. Now, I remind you, he was supposed to get off work at 6pm. So, I got a bunch of knitting done on the bag before we headed to dinner at Sakura, our favorite Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse. After a wonderfully enjoyable meal with a very nice family sharing our table, we headed back to Brandon's momma's home for cupcakes and ice cream. We finally got home lastnight around 2:30 am .. being followed by a damned drunk driver all the way down our street. This jerk was driving so recklessly Jason called 911 to report it .. only for the jerk to pull into our neighborhood! I need to remember to go drive around and figure out what car it was behind us, and leave a nasty note on their door. Tied on with i-cord. Just because I can.
1 comment:
I wondered what the heck was up with BlogLines...I missed quite a bit while they did their thing. Good job on the weight loss...your attitude there is just right. If you don't satisfy the cravings reasonably then you suddenly wake up at two in the morning in front of the fridge eating a stick of butter. Nice progress on the knitting!
Post a Comment